The Distress Centre of Ottawa and Region plays a key role in establishing a community where individuals in need are supported and empowered to meet life’s challenges.
Working within the continuum of mental health services, the Distress Centre of Ottawa and Region contributes to a healthier and safer community by providing suicide prevention, crisis intervention, psychological stabilization, emotional support, information, referral and education services, without judgement, to individuals in need.
Our Guiding Principles
The Distress Centre of Ottawa and Region (DCOR) is committed to:
- Recognizing the outstanding volunteer workforce that delivers the core of its services.
- Protecting the confidentiality of all callers.
- Ensuring access to its services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Ensuring access to its services is free-of-charge for individuals residing in the geographic areas covered by DCOR.
- Evolving its services to meet the changing needs of the community.
- Being accountable to the community it serves and reporting regularly on current needs, gaps in services and emerging trends.
- Transparency, accountability and diversity throughout the organization.
- Leadership and excellence.