24/7 DISTRESS LINE/HELP LINE
The Distress Line / Help Line services provide:
- Emotional support and encouragement
- Crisis management and intervention
- Suicide risk assessment and prevention
- Community resource / referral information
The Distress Line / Help Line is a vital community service that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What do people call about?
- problems in their relationship with a spouse, a partner, a sibling, a friend or family member
- changes in their mental health
- mental or physical illness diagnosis
- loneliness or isolation
- suicidal thoughts or behaviour
- emotional or physical pain
- grief for the loss of a loved one
- victim of abuse or domestic violence
- high level of stress following a recent event
- concern about the well-being of a loved one
- eviction from their home / emergency housing
This list is certainly not exhaustive since distress/crisis is a very personal and unique experience for each person. While some issues are extremely small to some, they have the ability to be quite overwhelming or even unbearable to others.
Whatever you are facing, we are here for you.
OTTAWA DISTRESS LINE
OUTAOUAIS DISTRESS LINE
NUNAVUT KAMATSIAQTUT HELP LINE
NORTHWEST TERRITORIES HELP LINE